‘Isabel Hospice invites members to a new event – ‘Hospice 100’, a partnership with Sportive UK. The event will be taking place on the 17th September 2017.
The scenic ride starting at Freeman College in Buntingford has a 21 mile, 42 mile, 75 mile and 100 mile ride on offer. With a choice of 4 distances, club members will hopefully be able to find something that suits all abilities.
The ride includes feed stations, energy drinks and snacks, online published results, fully signed route, mechanic and chip timing and much more.
It costs £20 for the 21 mile ride and £25 for the longer rides and we are encouraging cyclists to raise as much sponsorship as possible on top of their entry fee so you can help us continue to provide vital end of life of care to patients and families across East Hertfordshire.
All members a 20% discount off the entry fee, all you will need to do is type ‘HOSPICE20’ at the checkout.
For more information or to sign up visit:
http://isabelhospicesportive.pagecloud.com/ or call 01707 382535 to speak to Beth or Megan.
Thank you for all of your support and I will hopefully see you at the ride in September.
The Championships will be run as a four event Omnium at Gosling Sports Park – Pursuit/Devil/Sprint and Scratch race.
Under 8/10/12/14 riders – Wednesday June 28th – start time 7:00pm
Under 16, Vets and Seniors – Wednesday July 5th – start time 7:00pm
We will require some helpers to be time-keepers and Judges – volunteers needed.
Time Trials – open to all riders 12yrs and up
Club 10m TTs
- First event on 2 May, these will every Tuesday evening until August
- Start and sign-on (from 6:45pm) at Cole Green – no pre-entry required
- There will be NO ENTRY FEES for club members (non-WW riders £5)
- We are investigating to have the A414 hard shoulder swept before the first event – no punctures!
Club 25m Championship
- This will take place on 22 July, 2pm on the F14/25 course (Guilden Morden)
- Pre-entry required by 11 July through CTT website (https://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/15604)
Victoria CC TT Series (10.1miles)
- Friendly events that happen on four Saturday mornings through the summer on the E1/10 course (Newport, nr Bishops Stortford), with points scored over all four events (and prizes). These have been regularly supported by WW over recent years – first event is 27 May.
- These can be ridden solo, 2-up and/or 3-up, so they make the ideal introduction to team TTs. It is even possible to combine rides and some intrepid souls have entered all 3 (solo, 2-up and 3-up) on the same day
- Pre-entry required through CTT website (https://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/find-events) – coordinate with your mates first if you plan to ride 2- or 3-up
Go-Ride are running these fun and instructive activity sessions at half term.
Road and Time Trial at Redbridge Cycle Centre
Monday 13th February 10am – 1pm http://tinyurl.com/h79vjlf
Tuesday 14th February 10am – 1pm http://tinyurl.com/jrsp8wc
Ages 10 to first year Junior. Riders must have a road bike with road tyres and no tri/aero bars fitted.
Track at Lee Valley Velo Park
Wednesday 15th February http://tinyurl.com/gngq5q7
NOT SUITABLE FOR NOVICES/NEWCOMERS – Entry will close earlier if oversubscribed.
For British Cycling RACING Members born 2001-2004 with Full UK Indoor Track Accreditation detailed on racing licence. Note: There is a Girls RSR at Milton Keynes on this date.
This session will have 2 groups – Advanced racers with indoor race experience in Madison & Team Pursuit & Intermediate racers needing to learn or improve those skills.
Sign-on CLOSES 12.30pm
Go-Ride Coach – Eastern
British Cycling, National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, Manchester, M11 4DQ
Telephone: +44 (0)7534 281271 | britishcycling.org.uk
HSBC British Cycling