Summer – Autumn 2019
Details of regular club sessions, which are held at the track at Gosling Sports Park, Welwyn Garden City unless otherwise stated. Please check this page regularly for updates.
Please note that all Track sessions are subject to weather conditions and availability of Track coach cover. All of our coaches are volunteers.
Track resurfacing update, 17/08/19: The track resurfacing has has now happened and, depending on the weather, the line repainting will happen on Monday. We are hoping for track league to return on Friday 23rd August.
- Open Session. 7-9pm Track Training for experienced Youth & Senior Racing Riders
– No session on Bank Holidays
- Open Cyclo-Cross Training. 7-9pm. For experienced U14, U16, Juniors and Seniors.
– From August 13th
- Members Senior Ride. Generally leaves Gosling Sports Park at 7pm. Join and check the Wednesday Evening Senior Ride Facebook group for details.
- Open Cyclo-Cross Training. 7-9pm. For U10, U12 and less experienced U14-Senior riders.
– From August 13th
- Road Bikes on The Track (RBOT). 7-9pm. Please see here for further details
– From August 21st
- Go-Ride Freewheel Session. 9am – 10:30am. Novice session for young youth riders from U6 up to 16 years of age. Click on the link for more details.
- Open Track Novice Sessions (10:30am-12pm) , for ages U8 to Adult.
Subject to available coach cover, we aim to run Track Novice sessions, stages 1 – 4 (stage 1 is the “Taster” session) most Saturdays. Novice track riders who have successfully completed stage 1 will then be invited to attend further Novice sessions 2 – 4, progressing to the 9am Track Improvers sessions. Please use the Novice Track Taster Session Request form to request a place on the next scheduled session. Click on the link for more details.
Next Track Novice Sessions 2019 dates:
– August 17th (will include stage 1 Novice Taster Session) , 24th, 31st
- Open Track Improvers Session. 9am-10:30am. Senior, Junior & Youth. Sessions are aimed at those with some track experience who have progressed from novice stage. See Welwyn Wheelers Track Accreditation 2019.
– Until September 7th
- Road Bikes on the Track (RBOT). 9am-11am. An Open session aimed at adults that want to improve their group riding skills (e.g. chain gangs, through and off etc.)
– From September 14th
In September, details of the full Winter schedule will be published, to include regular:
- CX training
- Road bikes on the track (RBOT)
- Turbo training
- Muddy Monsters
- Saturday morning road rides and off-road rides.