Summer 2019 (April-September)
Details of regular club sessions, which are held at the track at Gosling Sports Park, Welwyn Garden City unless otherwise stated. Please check this page regularly for updates.
Please note that all Track sessions are subject to weather conditions and availability of Track coach cover. All of our coaches are volunteers.
- Open Session. 7-9pm Track Training for experienced Youth & Senior Racing Riders
– No session on Bank Holidays
- Open Club 10 Time Trial. 7pm from Cole Green.
– From May 7th – August 13th
- Members Track Training Session. 7-9pm
Note that WW Club Track Championships will be held on the following dates:
- U14/U12/U10 – July 10th
- U16/Junior/Vets/Seniors – July 17th
- Members Senior Ride. Generally leaves Gosling Sports Park at 7pm. Join and check the Wednesday Evening Senior Ride Facebook group for details.
- Go-Ride Freewheel Session. 9am – 10:30am. Novice session for young youth riders from U6 up to 16 years of age. Click on the link for more details.
- Open Track Novice Sessions (10:30am-12pm) , for ages U8 to Adult.
Subject to available coach cover, we aim to run Track Novice sessions, stages 1 – 4 (stage 1 is the Track “Taster” session) most Saturdays. The first three dates in May will include the Stage 1 Track Taster sessions. Novice track riders who have successfully completed stage 1 will then be invited to attend further Novice sessions 2 – 4, progressing to the 9am Track Track Improvers sessions.
Please use the Novice Track Taster Session Request form to request a place on the next scheduled session. Click on the link for more details.
Track Novice Sessions 2019 Dates:
June 22nd, 29th (both dates will include Novice Taster sessions, Stage 1)
July: 6th, 13th, 20th
August: 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st
- Open Track Improvers Session. 9am-10:30am. Senior, Junior & Youth. Sessions are aimed at those with some track experience who have progressed from novice stage. See Welwyn Wheelers Track Accreditation 2019.
- Road Bikes on the Track (RBOT). 1pm-3pm. An Open session aimed at adults that want to improve their group riding skills (e.g. chain gangs, through and off etc.) Sign-on at 12:30pm
Dates: June 22nd (more may be announced)
In September, details of the full Winter schedule will be published, to include regular:
- CX training
- Road bikes on the track (RBOT)
- Turbo training
- Muddy Monsters
- Saturday morning road rides and off-road rides.