Summer 2019 (April-September)
Details of regular club sessions, which are held at the track at Gosling Sports Park, Welwyn Garden City unless otherwise stated. Please check this page regularly for updates.
Please note that all Track sessions are subject to weather conditions and availability of Track coach cover. All of our coaches are volunteers.
- Open Session. 7-9pm Track Training for experienced Youth & Senior Racing Riders
– No session on Bank Holidays
- Open Club 10 Time Trial. 7pm from Cole Green.
– From May 7th – August 13th
- Coach-led Track League Race Training.
These sessions are open to riders who have raced Track before, indoor or outdoor. Youth and Seniors.
– April 5th and 12th.
- Welwyn Track League
– Starts 26th April until 1st week in September.
- Go-Ride Freewheel Session. 9am – 10:30am. Novice session for young youth riders from U6 up to 16 years of age. Click on the link for more details.
- Open Track Novice Sessions (10:30am-12pm) are scheduled on a regular basis, for ages U8 to Adult. Note that the dates for the next planned Track Novice sessions will be published here soon.
- Open Track Improvers Session. 9-10:30am. Senior, Junior & Youth. Sessions are aimed at those with some track experience who have progressed from novice stage. See Welwyn Wheelers Track Accreditation 2019.
There will be no training
over Easter weekend or on Saturday 27th April for the Welwyn Youth Omnium
- Club Run. Depending on racing commitments club runs may be scheduled on an ad-hoc basis during the Summer. Check the members Facebook group for announcements. 9am 2-3hr Ride (meet at Tennis Reception, Gosling Sports Park)
In September, details of the full Winter schedule will be published, to include regular:
- CX training
- Road bikes on the track (RBOT)
- Turbo training
- Muddy Monsters
- Saturday morning road rides and off-road rides.