The Cyclo-cross season is now only a few weeks away. If you plan to ride the Eastern and Central League series you will find details on fixtures and other information on their websites.
Registration for both the Eastern Cyclo-cross and Central CX League can be done via British Cycling.
Eastern League membership – Seniors £15, Juniors £11 and Youth riders £8
Central League Membership – Seniors/Juniors £10, Youth riders £5
Membership of the League gives riders a reduced entry fee for League events and also enable riders to qualify for League points
The first few Eastern League events are – Sunday September 10th – Springfield, Chelmsford, Saturday September 11th – Push Sports Corrington, Essex.
The first Central League event is Saturday September 23rd – run by Welwyn Whs at Stanborough Park (south), followed by Saturday 30th CC Luton at MK bowl
Note to all Welwyn Wheelers riders,members, helpers and parents – we will need lots of people to assist in the running of this important event –so please keep this date available and give your name to Jane Cavill – Volunteer Co-ordinator (email@example.com) to confirm that you are available and what time and role you can offer.
Club cyclo-cross training sessions at Gosling Sports will start on Wednesday evening 23rd August and each week after that
Now is time to check that your cyclo-cross equipment is ready for the start of a busy season
‘Isabel Hospice invites members to a new event – ‘Hospice 100’, a partnership with Sportive UK. The event will be taking place on the 17th September 2017.
The scenic ride starting at Freeman College in Buntingford has a 21 mile, 42 mile, 75 mile and 100 mile ride on offer. With a choice of 4 distances, club members will hopefully be able to find something that suits all abilities.
The ride includes feed stations, energy drinks and snacks, online published results, fully signed route, mechanic and chip timing and much more.
It costs £20 for the 21 mile ride and £25 for the longer rides and we are encouraging cyclists to raise as much sponsorship as possible on top of their entry fee so you can help us continue to provide vital end of life of care to patients and families across East Hertfordshire.
All members a 20% discount off the entry fee, all you will need to do is type ‘HOSPICE20’ at the checkout.
For more information or to sign up visit:
http://isabelhospicesportive.pagecloud.com/ or call 01707 382535 to speak to Beth or Megan.
Thank you for all of your support and I will hopefully see you at the ride in September.
The Championships will be run as a four event Omnium at Gosling Sports Park – Pursuit/Devil/Sprint and Scratch race.
Under 8/10/12/14 riders – Wednesday June 28th – start time 7:00pm
Under 16, Vets and Seniors – Wednesday July 5th – start time 7:00pm
We will require some helpers to be time-keepers and Judges – volunteers needed.
Time Trials – open to all riders 12yrs and up
Club 10m TTs
- First event on 2 May, these will every Tuesday evening until August
- Start and sign-on (from 6:45pm) at Cole Green – no pre-entry required
- There will be NO ENTRY FEES for club members (non-WW riders £5)
- We are investigating to have the A414 hard shoulder swept before the first event – no punctures!
Club 25m Championship
- This will take place on 22 July, 2pm on the F14/25 course (Guilden Morden)
- Pre-entry required by 11 July through CTT website (https://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/15604)
Victoria CC TT Series (10.1miles)
- Friendly events that happen on four Saturday mornings through the summer on the E1/10 course (Newport, nr Bishops Stortford), with points scored over all four events (and prizes). These have been regularly supported by WW over recent years – first event is 27 May.
- These can be ridden solo, 2-up and/or 3-up, so they make the ideal introduction to team TTs. It is even possible to combine rides and some intrepid souls have entered all 3 (solo, 2-up and 3-up) on the same day
- Pre-entry required through CTT website (https://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/find-events) – coordinate with your mates first if you plan to ride 2- or 3-up