Time Trials – open to all riders 12yrs and up
Club 10m TTs
- First event on 2 May, these will every Tuesday evening until August
- Start and sign-on (from 6:45pm) at Cole Green – no pre-entry required
- There will be NO ENTRY FEES for club members (non-WW riders £5)
- We are investigating to have the A414 hard shoulder swept before the first event – no punctures!
Club 25m Championship
- This will take place on 22 July, 2pm on the F14/25 course (Guilden Morden)
- Pre-entry required by 11 July through CTT website (https://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/15604)
Victoria CC TT Series (10.1miles)
- Friendly events that happen on four Saturday mornings through the summer on the E1/10 course (Newport, nr Bishops Stortford), with points scored over all four events (and prizes). These have been regularly supported by WW over recent years – first event is 27 May.
- These can be ridden solo, 2-up and/or 3-up, so they make the ideal introduction to team TTs. It is even possible to combine rides and some intrepid souls have entered all 3 (solo, 2-up and 3-up) on the same day
- Pre-entry required through CTT website (https://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/find-events) – coordinate with your mates first if you plan to ride 2- or 3-up
Go-Ride are running these fun and instructive activity sessions at half term.
Road and Time Trial at Redbridge Cycle Centre
Monday 13th February 10am – 1pm http://tinyurl.com/h79vjlf
Tuesday 14th February 10am – 1pm http://tinyurl.com/jrsp8wc
Ages 10 to first year Junior. Riders must have a road bike with road tyres and no tri/aero bars fitted.
Track at Lee Valley Velo Park
Wednesday 15th February http://tinyurl.com/gngq5q7
NOT SUITABLE FOR NOVICES/NEWCOMERS – Entry will close earlier if oversubscribed.
For British Cycling RACING Members born 2001-2004 with Full UK Indoor Track Accreditation detailed on racing licence. Note: There is a Girls RSR at Milton Keynes on this date.
This session will have 2 groups – Advanced racers with indoor race experience in Madison & Team Pursuit & Intermediate racers needing to learn or improve those skills.
Sign-on CLOSES 12.30pm
Go-Ride Coach – Eastern
British Cycling, National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, Manchester, M11 4DQ
Telephone: +44 (0)7534 281271 | britishcycling.org.uk
HSBC British Cycling
Dear Welwyn Wheelers members !
There is a Cyclo Cross event on the 29th January (www.lovecrossed.co.uk) –
the last round of the Western League Cyclo Cross Series
It’s at Chavenage House, Tetbury (GL8 8XP) where the popular BBC series Poldark has been filmed. To RACE or to SPECTATE it promises to be a fantastic event with pizza,chips,coffee and tea and much more from our sponsors. With the much anticipated LIVE viewing of the Cyclo Cross World Championships being broadcasted in the Manor House after the event.
This is the 3rd year the event has been run and it is going from strength to strength. There are plenty of PRIZES to be WON
Fenwicks Cleaning products
Castelli One off winners jerseys
Fabric custom saddles
LOVECROSSED would love to welcome you to Chavenage House for a CX event that you wont forget.
And for all pre entries you will be in with the Chance of WINNING a set of SIDI
Go-Ride Racing Muddy Monsters
The first round of the Go-Ride Racing Muddy Monsters series of races starts at Ashwell CC this Saturday. This series of Novice Off Road races is aimed at those young riders new to racing.
The Road Bikes on the Track session will run as normal on Saturday
We will still be running a scaled down Freewheel session this Saturday. Sallie Bracewell will be going over to Ashwell to help and oversee the Muddy Monsters event.
Download Muddy Monsters information sheet here.
Eastern Region Intensive Youth Cyclo-Cross training
We will also be hosting a Cyclo-Cross “Contenders” Training session at Gosling on Saturday 10th December, 9:30am – 12pm £5 each booked in advance via me or via e-mail to email@example.com.
Eastern Region Intensive Youth Cyclo-Cross training session – Hosted by Welwyn Wheelers – Gosling Sports Park – Saturday 10th December 9:30am – 12pm
Welwyn Wheelers will be hosting the next Eastern Region Contenders Cyclo-Cross training session this coming Saturday. This session is designed for our best youth riders in the region to prepare them for national level competition. They are intensive training sessions that enable riders to work with others of a similar standard and identify weaknesses that can be worked on in club sessions. Where possible we will bring in expert coaches and riders to help with the sessions.
Riders are expected to be racing Cyclo-Cross regularly and have their own Cyclo-Cross bike. Riders must be in the Youth (U16 & U14) categories or first Year Juniors. Sign on @9am at Trackside Gosling Velodrome. Session Fee £5
There are still a few places available although the session is limited to 20 riders so please book in advance with Mark Wyer in advance via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me directly.
Mobile: 07831 402076